Post Production Management Assistant
BBC Studios works with the best British writers, directors and programme-makers, championing British creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world.
We are looking for a talented and energetic Post Production Management Assistant to support the Post Production Supervisor to ensure the smooth running of our internal facilities based in Television Centre, White City. This facility offers low cost post production and media management services to both long form and short form Factual and Events productions.
Working to the Post Production Supervisor, responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Post Production Supervision in planning post production schedules and providing quotes and billing for services.
- Assisting in the day to day management; maintenance and scheduling of a number of suites (including offline; dubbing and online facilities) making sure the edit suites are prepped (tidy) before the start of a project
- Ensuring a professional and client focussed service is provided to production teams
- Supporting the Post Production Supervisor with administrative tasks.
Are you the right candidate?
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following;
- Experienced in bookings and scheduling
- Budgeting and putting quotes together
- Front of house experience, e.g. Client facing, taking calls and answering emails.
- Interest in post -production
- Minimum of 1 year working in a post-production environment
- Advantageous to have experience of working with the scheduling system Farmer’s Wife.
- Have a real ‘can do’ attitude, able to demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills and manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Work well within teams as well as independently, be a good communicator, have good attention to detail when working in a fast paced environment
Contract type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Television Centre, London, W12 7TW
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here