Post Production Operator
This is an exciting, creative and varied role working with award-winning content and broadcast professionals, based in BBC Worldwides West London post production facility TVC.
This role has a particular emphasis on covering and assisting our Senior Sound Designer for both on and off-air promos along with supporting the wider team with media management and ad-hoc projects.
In this constantly ever changing broadcast environment the successful candidate will be fully competent in both Adobe Premiere and Pro Tools or similar.
This role will also provide the skills needed to perform quick fixes and ad-hoc edits along with being the first port of call for all clients and stake holders across the business.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
To provide cover and support for the whole Post Production team which is inclusive of the below, but not exclusive to:
- To operate the Post Production audio suites including preparation, VO recording, track laying, mixing and laying-back of programme material, including all deliverable requests across the BBCs branded services.
- To ensure all material is technically compliant and delivered as per BBCW specification.
- To ensure common assets are readily available, easy to access and user-friendly in the way theyre set up and will provide consultancy support as required to the teams.
- Assist and input in the creation of concepts and ideas for all campaigns and day-to-day promotions.
- To have a sound knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the recording process.
- To ensure all projects and media are backed up and that workflow is managed in a tapeless environment.
- To look at a variety of workflows, find new solutions and ensure the creative network is working to full capacity, whilst educating users and looking at new opportunities and capabilities
- To work closely and collaboratively with internal and external clients, troubleshooting as and where necessary
- To cover and assist the wider team with any adhoc requests such as preparing and managing content, captioning, finer edits, QC, delivery
- To constantly look at improving and automating current workflows
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- At least 2 years experience in a post-production/broadcast environment working with both short and long form content.
- Experience in working with high profile brands on air promotions and channel identities.
- To be proficient in Pro Tools and Adobe Premiere.
- Ability to work as part of a creative team, contributing to the development of concepts and providing expertise to enhance the overall creative output.
- Ability to show initiative and work cooperatively with team members to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of all promotional material.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise projects to meet deadlines in a busy and demanding broadcast environment.
- To have strong communication skills.
- A sound knowledge of maintaining file directory and storage archive.
- A good knowledge of English including complete comprehension of written and spoken English and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills .
- Demonstrable abilities in at least one technical/creative role.
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to acquire technical skills and to operate technical equipment is essential.
- A good knowledge and commitment to providing the highest quality output.
- Able to demonstrate editorial awareness and to have an understanding of BBC Worldwides objectives.
- The ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail
- The initiative to think outside the box with a can do attitude.
Scope & Impact
This role must ensure customer aspirations and deliverables are fulfilled on time in the most efficient and timely manner to the required specification meeting BBC Worldwides quality standards.
As this is a relatively small but expanding team having the ability to proactively juggle and prioritise through communication on a very large number of different tasks at any one time supporting different business areas and individuals across the globe as necessary is vital, along with defining and meeting realistic expectations.
While the position has no direct budget responsibility, this role supports the fulfilment of a multimillion pound business so a commercial awareness and understanding of the teams' strategic importance is vital.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
Works with multiple stakeholders across the business in taking charge and making the right decision for the business to achieve key objectives in areas of responsibility, whilst ensuring the most efficient communication, realistic timeframes and objectives are met.
As this role is client facing building and maintaining the strongest of relationships is key at all times.
Working closely with the Post Production team and reporting to the Post Production Facilities Manager, the wider global and regional operational teams along with key contacts in each of the Global Markets and clients listed above whilst building trust and loyalty with your peers and clients.
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.