The BBC Data & Analytics Team are looking to recruit a Principal Marketing Scientist. This is a permanent role and can be based in either London or Salford.
This role is crucial for the delivery of MMM projects for the BBC. Currently, it is set up for the core video services offered by the BBC such as linear TV and iPlayer, with the ambition of extending this to other platforms.
MMM is a crucial analysis within the BBC, as insights are used to set budgets not just for the media and marketing teams, but also for the broader organization. Insights are used to understand the importance of content, products improvements, market trends and competitors’ impact.
As the BBC is a complex organization, operating in a complex and changing market, you will need to work alongside other BBC teams to understand market trends, the BBC strategic direction and media/marketing objectives.
- Undertake and deliver analytics projects of a large scale and managing more than one project simultaneously.
- Taking on a leading role in delivering MMM projects for various departments of the BBC. This includes automating the data collection process, building the models, working on a clear story and creating the final presentation for the key stakeholders.
- Help innovate how we currently deliver MMM analytics and adapt it to the needs of the key stakeholders.
- Train and mentor junior analysts; collaborate with analysts and technical teams across the BBC.
- Ensure the data used in the analysis is comprehensive and correct. Have the capacity to think out of the box when it comes to gathering data.
- Work with large datasets collating data from different sources, both internal and external.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in delivering large scale MMM projects, managing the whole process from the data collection to the delivery.
- 5+ years experience with MMM analysis in a media agency.
- Naturally inquisitive, and enjoys problem solving.
- Ability to come up with creative ways of answering questions, using all the data available, even if limited.
- Well organised and able to manage own time and prioritise.
- Ability to manage and coordinate project teams; ability to delegate work to other analysts working on the same project and collate all results together.
- Enjoys collaboration and working as part of a team with a positive attitude.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London (W1A or W12) or Salford (M50)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here