Principal Service Delivery Manager, SAP - Business Systems
The Design and Engineering Division delivers the technology and services that enable the BBC to fulfil its strategic and business goals. In simple terms, it provides the technology to enable great content to be delivered to our audiences 365 days of the year. The Engineering function supports the BBC’s goals by developing and delivering technology solutions which transform the way people across the BBC in the digital production of programmes for TV, Radio and online platforms, broadcast scheduling, corporate web sites, the BBC intranet and the BBC’s Digital Archive.
The Business Systems Service Delivery Team will manage the service delivery of the SAP, non SAP and bespoke application portfolio, outline systems roadmaps aligned with current and future business needs; manage business demand; communicate and manage the testing of releases, govern the service delivery process interfacing to internal as well as external stakeholders and ensure Service Levels Agreements, Operational Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators are met. The team will also oversee the implementation of continuous improvements to the service.
The role of the Principal Service Delivery Manager is to manage the contractual relationship with the BBC’s outsourcing providers of application and infrastructure management service for SAP environments, from a technical and technology delivery perspective. The focus is on ensuring that suppliers meet the BBC’s operational requirements, Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and deliver business critical outcomes. The role also provides effective cost management within the contractual relationship with service providers whilst assessing potential technical and solution related synergies across the contract portfolio.
Are you the right candidate?
- Highly experienced Technical / Operational Manager with a strong background in the management of the delivery of technology services for SAP environments via a major outsourced services contract
- Strong background in the delivery of operational services using the ITIL Framework for SAP environments.
- Demonstrable understanding of the design and operation of financial systems including Finance, Procurement, HR and BW SAP solutions.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills particularly with respect to the introduction of new services, ensuring that these are introduced and delivered with minimal disruption to operational services
- Strong technical expertise with a demonstrable track record of individual technical achievement and successful delivery in customer facing services especially within complex technology environments where the services are highly critical to business continuity
- Proven track record in striving for operational excellence and in particular driving suppliers in achieving very high levels of performance consistently
- Strong understanding of the design and operation of financial systems including the BBC SAP solutions portfolio
- Confidence to convey messages, often complex and technical in nature, in a way that is understood widely and clearly; the ability to use a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
- Able to interpret financial data, manage budgets and ensures effective financial control across the team and associated contractual arrangements with support partners
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing application and service delivery teams and associated integrated systems
- Service Transition experience in relation to organisational and IT operational change
- Band D
- Location flexible but need to be in proximity of London, Birmingham or Cardiff*
We’re happy to discuss flexible and part time working.
Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application.
There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible or part time 20-35 hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
*role Ad running in parralel to BBC/TP/293239/29314 (Cardiff)
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.