A new opportunity for a Procurement Manager has become available at the BBC.
To support Procurement in the delivery of agreed objectives, managing pan-BBC procurement activities, developing strong relationships with stakeholders across divisions, ensuring consistent application of BBC and Procurement policy whilst delivering optimization and cost savings for the BBC.
Within this role you will be leading procurements for a variety of sub-categories within the category sourcing portfolio, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders and the wider procurement team to support the defining of the procurement approach and assist with the management of bidder interaction up to the conclusion of the competition.
You will be providing procurement advice to a range of stakeholders.
It will be your responsibility to assist with the provision of commercial expertise to ensure value for money is secured and demonstrated whilst optimization is delivered for end users.
You will be working collaboratively with the internal stakeholders to provide procurement and contract management support as appropriate.
It will also be within your remit to produce first-class tender and contract documentation, working with BBC legal and other stakeholders as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Subject matter knowledge in the relevant sub-category areas (Corporate Services inc Marketing)
- Ability to analyse and interpret a range of data.
- Professionally qualified e.g. MCIPs individual educated to diploma level (or equivalent) in a procurement related subject area or have substantive work experience in providing procurement services.
- Good knowledge and experience of procurement and contract management.
- Good understanding of legal issues such as EU Public Procurement Regulations, Contract law, TUPE, Fair Trade, Social Value Act etc.
Proposed Band D
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.