Producer - The Social
BBC The Social is a digital content stream for the 18-34 audience in Scotland. The Social discovers and develops up and coming digital talent, helps them create authentic and brand new forms of content and publishes the content across BBC Scotland maintained social media channels.
The Content Producer is responsible for the running of The Social on a daily basis, including the discovery and development of digital talent across Scotland and the publishing of content across BBC and social platforms, in multiple forms and across genres. The Content Producer reports on the data and analytics for content performance to help the team, shape the commissioning strategy of The Social.
- Working with the team to discover new digital talent in Scotland through contacts, online profiles and events.
- Managing the talent development production cycle and the relationship with the talent.
- Work with talent to originate and develop innovative short form/new form content ideas and treatments for BBC The Social.
- Ensuring all talent and content adhere to The Social ethos – authentic, young, fresh, diverse.
- Managing and supervising submissions, commissions and productions from talent.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of developing and managing new and emerging talent through a production cycle.
- Evidence of strong people skills and the ability to adapt communication style to suit a range of relationships.
- Experience of creating a wide range of compelling content types, particularly video and audio.
- Excellent organisation skills, with a proven track record in delivering multiple pieces of simultaneous content on time and to brief.
- Strong writing and proof reading skills, with particular experience of writing titles and descriptive copy for online.
- Strong editorial judgement and impeccable attention to detail.
Job Title: Producer, The Social
Location: Pacific Quay, Glasgow
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.