When applying please include:
- Your CV
- A personal statement - with reference to the "Are you the right candidate" criteria below, please use this section of the questionnaire you complete to explain how your skills, abilities and experience meet the role description. Please note that this can be in written, audio or video format. Please be sure to include a link where we can download your audio or video file if you choose that method.
We’re looking for 2 Product Managers with a passion for data to join our growing teams supporting customer data capabilities.
You will be working on 1 or more products within a broad portfolio including bespoke data visualisation for journalists, commissioning, and product development teams, real-time services that power personalisation of BBC products and our data platform which enables 1000s of people across the organisation to make decisions with data.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working with data at scale, who is an advocate the needs of the users of data services and can communicate with a broad community of data professionals and users of data across the BBC.
NB: As we are fully remote for now and we will be holding interviews via zoom. Depending on the number of applications we may hold short initial interviews
The final interview will be 1.5 hours and include a short exercise and discussion - no advance preparation needed. Interviews will take place ideally by mid-October.
- Define and develop a product vision and strategy for internal products and services
- Use data and research to understand either audience members or internal users’ needs
- Work with engineering teams to deliver continuous improvement of the products and services, identifying and prioritising enhancements
- Build and maintain a product roadmap and backlog consistent with the BBC's wider digital strategy and product portfolio.
- Communicate with people from across the organisation about the team, product, users and future roadmap
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent understanding and ability to apply domain and industry knowledge, market awareness, research and insights to product strategy and planning
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to translate technical concepts into plain English
- Comfortable working alongside cross-functional teams
- Good domain knowledge of the challenges and opportunities of working with data at scale
- Knowledge of data governance and data ethics
- The ability to understand and prioritise the needs of users; both audience members and internal BBC users
- Experience in using agile processes and practice
- Experience with data analytics and data visualisation tools e.g. Tableau
If you have some but not all these skills, we’d still be interested in hearing from you. We are looking for people with the right attitude and we offer amazing training.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London - W12
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here