Production Coordinator, BBC Arabic
BBC Arabic Beirut is looking for a Production Coordinator to work on its long form programmes produced from Lebanon.
The Production Coordinator provides logistical and coordination support to the production team on one or more productions and/or a portfolio of content.
You will report to the Beirut Arabic Programes production manager.
- Contributes to the scheduling and smooth running of the production/content in line with divisional requirements and relevant BBC frameworks, guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for supporting the Production Manager (or equivalent) in identifying and sourcing appropriate resource and location requirements for the production at the earliest possible stage.
- Ensures compliance with BBC policies, guidelines, legislative and regulatory requirements, in order to minimise the BBC’s exposure to risk. Escalates unresolved issues promptly.
- Ensures that any rights issues are and recorded, escalating any issues at the earliest stage.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of television production, in particular studio programmes is required
- Good Arabic and English language
- Technical knowledge of equipment needed for filming and editing and the ability to embrace new technology
- Financial skills in order to provide support to the production manager for monitoring costs and manage delegated programme budgets
- Willingness to work flexibly and often under tight deadlines
- Must be a good team player
12 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Arabic speakers from all nationalities with demonstrable permit to work in Lebanon are encouraged and welcome to apply.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Beirut.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.