BBC Studios Factual Entertainment department in Glasgow are gearing up to produce a new BBC Two talent-led competition series which challenges a group of fledging wedding planners to prove they have what it takes to be the best. The competitors will be transforming existing weddings for real couples into something truly extraordinary!
We’re looking for an experienced Production Coordinator to join the team based in Glasgow from early July – end of November (with potential extension to February 2023).
Please note: interview chats for these roles are pencilled to take place on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th June.
- Leading the team’s coordination of all things paperwork
- Getting great deals in superfast time in a variety of locations
- Making sure all resources are deployed efficiently
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication skills, adept at dealing with Talent and able to build and maintain relationships with contributors.
- Experience working on similar factual entertainment programmes and competition formats would be ideal.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to offer effective solutions.
- Experience setting up location shoots right across the UK.
- Experience using and knowledge of BBC systems is desirable, but not essential
Contract type: Fixed term/Attachment/Freelance
Hybrid working - combination of home and office (at least 2/3 days per week in the Glasgow Pacific Quay office or as required).
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: BBC/TP/62154/60708 in the subject.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here