Production Co-ordinator The Science Unit
BBC Factual is home to the award-winning Science Unit. We make powerful Factual content for the BBC and external customers across all platforms. From ‘The Planets’, to ‘8 Days: To The Moon and Back’, a Drama Documentary on the Apollo 11 Mission, ‘Stargazing Live’ and ‘Horizon’ & ‘Sky At Night’- just a small sample of some of our amazing content.
We are looking for an experienced Production Co-ordinator to work on a major new SVOD series
You will report to the Production Manager and in partnership with the editorial team to deliver outstanding, distinctive, multi-platform content. The production co-ordinator will provide logistical and co-ordinator support to their production teams, potentially working across a number of programmes, at any one time, ensuring delivery on schedule within budget within operational and financial constraints.
Are you the right candidate?
- You must have demonstrable co-ordinating experience within a production team.
- Extensive experience of setting up foreign filming.
- You'll have the ability to work well within a team, work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting demands as well as demonstrating strong organisational, planning and numerical skills.
- Knowledge of delivering a range of/elements of productions on time and on budget and coordinating deliverables for productions and completion of the post production paperwork
- Where necessary having worked on location, with crews and production teams with a strong knowledge of how productions are managed.
- Good working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with an understanding of the technology used on productions, using that knowledge to advise on production systems and adopt new technologies on productions.
- Essential business and finance skills - able to prepare, manage, set and/or monitor specific production resource plans and budgets and buying/booking resources.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- You will have knowledge of the BBC and the wider industry.
Contract type:Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: London Television Centre, W12
Contract length approx 9 months
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here