Production Co-ordinators BBC Studios - Factual
BBC Studios is the main TV production arm of the BBC. It is a major supplier of high quality public service content and the source of many of the BBCs most creative and inspiring programmes.
BBC Factual is the home of the following thriving genres: Science, Documentaries and Topical and Live productions making programmes such as Louis Theroux, Life andDeath Row, Horizon, Human Body, The One Show and the Worlds Busiest Cities We are currently looking for production co-ordinators to work across our Factual output. In partnership with the editorial team, the production co-ordinator will provide day-to-day logistical and financial support from idea to post delivery on one or more productions, ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget
You will report to the Production Manager and in partnership with the editorial team to deliver outstanding, distinctive, multi-platform content. The production co-ordinator will provide logistical and co-ordinator support to their production teams, potentially working across a number of programmes, at any one time, ensuring delivery on schedule within budget within operational and financial constraints.
The Ideal Candidate
- You must have demonstrable co-ordinating experience within a production team.
- Extensive experience of setting up foreign filming.
- You'll have the ability to work well within a team, work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting demands as well as demonstrating strong organisational, planning and numerical skills.
- Knowledge of delivering a range of/elements of productions on time and on budget and coordinating deliverables for productions and completion of the post production paperwork
- Where necessary having worked on location, with crews and production teams with a strong knowledge of how productions are managed.
- Good working knowledge of end-to-end multi-platform production with an understanding of the technology used on productions, using that knowledge to advise on production systems and adopt new technologies on productions.
- Essential business and finance skills - able to prepare, manage, set and/or monitor specific production resource plans and budgets and buying/booking resources.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- You will have knowledge of the BBC and the wider industry.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title when appointed.