Production Management Assistant /Diary Assistant, BBC Studios Unscripted
BBC Studios Bristol is home to Unscripted Productions whose recent output includes Antiques Roadshow, Countryfile, DIY SOS the Big Build, Flog It! and Mary, Mel and Sue's Big Thank You.
The Production Management Assistant will provide administrative support to the Head of Production and Head of Unscripted, in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Department.
The main role is to act as PMA/Diary Assistant to the Head of Production and Head of Unscripted, ensuring that their diaries are managed in a proactive and efficient manner. You will be the main point of contact, dealing effectively and confidentially with all requests.
You may also be required to support the Unscripted Leadership Team, providing a professional and efficient administrative, secretarial and office management service.
The post holder will be proactive in ensuring that all relevant information is up-to-date, correct and available before meetings and will keep abreast of productions across BBC Bristol and support them as and when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant experience of providing diary management and business support at Senior Management level, sometimes working to more than one person, and ideally within a large organisation.
- Able to communicate confidently with Senior Managers within the BBC or equivalent environment and to work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Experience of managing busy and complex diaries.
- Demonstrates interest in the BBC and the wider industry.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of contacts.
- Experience of working in a pressurised and challenging environment.
- Ability to use initiative to plan ahead essential.
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a timely and accurate manner with specific attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- Able to consider and propose new ways of working to improve existing processes
6 month FTC or attachment
Start date early February 2018
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Therefore, successful applicants may need to be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.