Production Management Assistant Talent Pool - BBC Children's and Education
The BBC is the leading Children's broadcaster in the UK. We are proud of the award winning content we make across all platforms – television, online, radio, apps, YouTube, social media and more. BBC Children's and Education is committed to offering the best cross-platform and on-demand service for all UK children, providing a trusted environment which is enriching, enabling and relevant to the under 16's. Our content seeks to entertain, inform and empower children, adding real value to their lives.
Production Management Assistants are vital to ensuring a production or campaign runs smoothly and provide support to the team. This is a fantastic way to pave a career path into roles such as Production Coordinator and Production Manager.
Our Production Management Assistant (PMA) Talent Pool will provide individuals with an exciting opportunity to kick start a career within production management. Candidates who are successful in the recruitment process will be placed in our Production Management Assistant Talent pool and contacted regarding available Production Management Assistant jobs when they arise.
Those successful at application will be invited to an assessment centre at the BBC on Friday 27th September.
The Production Management Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support to the production teams in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of productions
- Manage diaries and set up meetings including script conferences
- Act as a point of contact for talent agents and co-production partners
- Book travel and accommodation and process expenses
- Raise Purchase Orders and Artist Requisitions
- Set up and maintain talent databases
- Assist with post-production paperwork
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for people who enjoy working as part of a busy team and pride themselves on being really organised. This role gives you the opportunity to put into action your ability to prioritise and multitask in an exciting environment. You will need to have good attention to detail and want to support those around you through your work. We will teach you all the processes and systems you need to know, you just need to bring the can-do attitude!
Location: Media City, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here