Production Management Assistant, Talent Pool - BBC Studios (Cardiff and Bristol)
BBC Studios in Bristol and Cardiff produces a wide range of original, diverse, well-loved and highly acclaimed TV productions, such as DIY SOS, Bargain Hunt, Antiques Roadshow, X-Ray and Countryfile as well as Seven Worlds One Planet, Springwatch and Baby Chimp Rescue.
The role will be based in either Bristol or Cardiff but you may be required to travel to locations across the UK. In general normal office hours will apply however, the nature of the role means that a flexible approach to working time will be necessary.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.
The Production Management Assistant provides administrative support to the production team/s, in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of productions.
Provides administrative support for the production during various stages of the process.
Assists the Production Coordinator (or equivalent) in the preparation and subsequent communication of production information.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the production office, acting as a key point of contact on the production.
- Ensures compliance with BBC policies and guidelines, in order to minimise the BBC’s exposure to risk, escalating any issues promptly.
- Supports the production management team using specialist skills, such as working in a studio, working on location and planning/coordinating background action where necessary.
- Responsible for resolving a range of diverse operational issues within the role, escalating to the Production Coordinator or Manager where necessary.
- Responsible for delivering value for money in the role through effective and efficient management of time and resources.
- Assists in the processes of fully and accurately capturing and managing metadata in line with BBC guidelines and policies.
- Collates accurate information required for ensuring all deliverables are available in a timely manner to fulfil the commission and that post production documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintains a safe and healthy working environment at all times, escalating any issues or areas of concern.
- Proactively looks for ways of improving efficiencies within a production environment, promotes diversity and champions the rationale for new ways of working and/or for adopting new production related technologies.
- Supports other internal departments with the implementation of their strategies (e.g. HR, Workplace, Procurement, Finance, etc)
- Responsible for coordinating the administration of team IT requests and user administration including joiner, movers and leavers, along with systems access and record keeping
- Contributing to, and helping to implement, practical actions to reduce environmental impact throughout production
Are you the right candidate?
- Demonstrates interest in the BBC and the wider industry.
- Awareness of multi-platform production/content.
- Able to use systems and adopt new technologies.
- Able to manage interpersonal relationships effectively and work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of contacts.
- Experience of working in a pressurised and challenging environment.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- Able to consider and propose new ways of working to improve existing processes
- Demonstrates business and finance skills – able to understand and work with budgets.
- Accurate and effective written and verbal communication skills
Contract type: Talent Pool (various contracts)
Location: Bristol and Cardiff
We are looking for Production Management Assistants to be in our PMA pool. Joining our pool will enable you to be offered work as and when opportunities arise during peak business periods across our Factual and Factual Entertainment output in Cardiff and Bristol Studios.
Appointment to the pool will not entitle candidates to a permanent contract in the BBC, those will have to be applied for in the normal way, and neither does it guarantee work.
Interviews will be held on Weds 4th March (Bristol) & Thurs 5th March (Cardiff). You must be available on this date to apply.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here