BBC Studios Scotland are opening up opportunities for experienced Production management Assistants to join their existing talent pool for the Documentary Unit and Factual Entertainment.
We have a reputation for creating exceptional critically acclaimed programmes. Our output includes A Life In Ten Pictures, Lucy Worsley’s Royal Fibs, Inside Culture with Mary Beard, Imagine, This Farming Life, Landward, Amazing Hotels: Life Behind the Lobby, Dragon’s Den plus much more...
In partnership with the editorial team, the Production Management Assistant will report to the Production Co-ordinator or Production Manager to provide day-to-day logistical and financial support to the production in a busy and fast-moving environment.
We’re looking for candidates who possess excellent organisational and communication skills, problem-solving abilities with a can-do attitude, who work well within a diverse team.
The successful candidates will form a pool of people that we give priority to when opportunities come up. Appointment to the pool will not entitle candidates to permanent contracts in the BBC, those will have to be applied for in the normal way, and neither does it guarantee work.
Provide administrative support to the production team/s in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of productions during various stages of the process.
Are you the right candidate?
- You must have at least one credit working as a Production Management Assistant or Production Secretary within TV Broadcast production
- A keen interest in the types of programmes that we produce
- Have experience of providing administrative support in a busy production environment along with the ability to work in pressurised and challenging situations.
- Able to manage relationships effectively working while working with a variety people and work collaboratively within a diverse team
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, and will be able to manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- A good communicator, hold good attention to detail when working at pace.
- Initiative and problem-solving ability and have a can-do attitude.
- Confident Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Contract type: Fixed Term/Freelance
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: BBC/TP/62154/52712 in the subject.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here