BBC Studios Bristol covers a vast range of output, everything from our breath-taking natural history landmarks to some of the nation's best-loved programmes. Our Natural History Unit and Factual Entertainment teams deliver some of the UK’s most entertaining and enriching programmes, giving audiences an escape from reality through relatable and aspirational content.
We are looking to hear from experienced Production Management Assistants who are becoming available over the next few months to work across productions in both genres. We can offer flexible start dates, varying contract lengths, training, and career development opportunities.
You will be a key Production Management team player reporting to the JPM/PM, providing day-to-day organisational, logistical and admin support to the production team in a busy and fast-moving environment.
We’re looking for candidates who possess excellent communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and a can-do attitude.
We want to hear from a diverse range of people with varying experience at Production Management Assistant or Production Secretary level within content making areas or similar platforms with a transferable skillset.
Candidates who are successful in the recruitment process will be placed in our Production Management Assistant pool and will be offered work as and when opportunities arise during peak business periods across our Factual and Fact Ent output in Bristol. Appointment to the pool will not entitle candidates to a permanent contract in the BBC, those will have to be applied for in the normal way, and neither does it guarantee work.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have experience of working as a Production Management Assistant/Production Secretary within broadcast content or a similar platform.
- Experience of providing administrative support in a busy production environment along with the ability to work in pressurised and challenging situations
- You’ll be able to manage relationships effectively working while working with a variety people and work collaboratively within a diverse team
- You will demonstrate strong organisational skills, and will be able to manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines
- You will be a good communicator and hold good attention to detail when working at pace
- Initiative and problem-solving ability and have a can-do attitude.
- You can demonstrate you have business and finance skills with an understanding of working to a production budget
Contract type: Fixed Term
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/1912794/55247 in the subject.
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here