This role offers experience within the weekly studio, working closely with the team to capture the wraparound content for both BBC Alba CBBC and CBeebies output.
- To be across the wraparound scripts and provide PMA support to the team while in studio.
- Provides administrative assistance for the production during various stages of the process.
- Assists the Production Coordinator in the preparation and subsequent communication of production information.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the production office, acting as a key point of contact on the production.
- Supports the production management team using their production experience, such as working in a studio, working on location and planning/coordinating background action where necessary.
- Responsible for resolving a range of diverse operational issues within the role, escalating to the Production Coordinator or Manager where necessary.
- Assists in the processes of fully and accurately capturing and managing metadata in line with BBC guidelines and policies.
- Collates accurate information required to ensure all deliverables are available in a timely manner, in order to fulfil the commission and that post production documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintains a safe and healthy working environment at all times, escalating any issues or areas of concern.
- Responsible for coordinating the administration of team IT requests and user administration including joiner, movers and leavers activities, along with systems access and record keeping.
- Contributing to, and helping to implement, practical actions to reduce environmental impact throughout production.
The Ideal Candidate
You must be a Gaelic language speaker to be suitable for this role.
Our ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm and diligence to our busy Children’s Wraparound production teams. This is a busy and varied role suited to an adaptable self-starter who enjoys working in Children’s output.
Contract type:6 month FTC
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here