BBC Studios Factual Entertainment are the team behind many award winning series such as The One Show, Morning Live, Dragons Den, Top Gear, Antiques Roadshow, Countryfile and Gardeners World.
In our unique department we get the opportunity to work on a vast range of content, in a variety of genres, in some of the most exciting locations in UK and around the world delivering the best broadcast content possible.
We have an opportunity for a Production Manager to join our team for a popular returning BBC series. Someone who is passionate about programme making, who thrives working in a dynamic environment and who will inspire their production management teams in thinking of new, commercial and innovative ways of working.
You will have experience of managing a large production team in a fast paced environment, including managing studio shows.
Strong financial skills are required as you will have responsibility for managing, reporting and forecasting the ecat/cost manager for the production.
Reporting into the Production Executive, you will lead your teams, you will continually look for ways to develop and motivate the team. Proven ability to juggle multiple teams at any one time; driving forward progress and ensuring deadlines are met and priorities are clearly communicated.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience in the day to day management of production staff, undertaking responsibility for their recruitment, appraisal and training.
- Experience in big studio shows
- Excellent working relationships with suppliers in the outside broadcast market and wider industry.
- Experience in dealing with high-profile talent
- Good working relationships with freelancers and industry personnel in Scotland, helping to ensure the production qualifies as regional
- Driving savings, efficiencies and continually reviewing working practices to ensure best practice and on screen value for money.
- A sound understanding in health and safety procedures.
Contract type: 1 Year Fixed Term
Start date: February 2022
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: [BBC/TP/1912794/55932] in the subject.
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here