As part of BBC Global News, BBC Advertising sells commercial opportunities across BBC platforms, including BBC.com, and BBC World News. The Programmatic Account Manager will be responsible for hitting programmatic targets, supporting the sales team across Europe, Middle East and Africa, building relationships with trading desks and DSPs, and being the go-to person for programmatic internally and externally.
- Continue to meet and exceed revenue targets for programmatic deals across EMEA
- Work with the SVP and programmatic teams worldwide to drive the overall programmatic strategy, including revenues targets and forecasting
- Work closely with Account Managers to maintain a high profile in advertising agencies and trade desks, ensuring BBC is front of mind for briefs, new business and short-term opportunities
- Deliver effective internal communication to ensure you are best placed to provide expert knowledge on programmatic to the wider sales team
- Work alongside the pricing and yield team to update preferred deals and programmatic guaranteed rate cards, provide insights and recommendations on open marketplace floor pricing and yield strategy
- Ensure programmatic sales are fully embedded within the regional sales teams and empower these teams to take greater ownership by providing ongoing training and by facilitating conversations where needed
- Update programmatic sales collateral for the EMEA sales teams including sales decks and one pagers
- Collate data from supply partners using external and internal reporting tools. Build reporting dashboards that provide insight into sales opportunities as well as performance trends and fluctuations.
- Monitor performance across live deals, take actions where required and work in tandem with our operation team to troubleshoot issues with deal delivery and ad quality
- Success in this role requires strong sales, organizational, and technical skills. The ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels both internally and externally is essential.
- Attention to detail and the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure are also key.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in programmatic
- Thorough understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and developments
- High level of knowledge with Ad Manager, Magnite, Triplelift, Index
- Contacts already within the industry
- Ability to learn rapidly
- IT literacy – Microsoft suite
- Strong numeracy, analytical skills
- Knowledge of DSPs including DV360, The Trade Desk and Amazon
- Experience in Adomik
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here