Programmatic Trading Manager, BBC Global News
BBC Global News connect brands to the power of BBC audiences through our commercially funded international news, sport and features platforms, across TV, online, social and our apps.
Over half the global online audience watch or view the BBC on a monthly basis, attracting audiences with vastly differing characteristics. BBC Global News has the unique ability to engage influential, affluent audiences through vivid and authentic storytelling.
The Programmatic Trading Manager, EMEA is responsible for delivery of programmatic advertising revenues across the portfolio of BBC sites represented by BBC Advertising in EMEA.
Success in this role depends on building trading relationships with the key agency trading desks, media agencies, trading desks, networks and platforms (DMPs, DSPs).
It is measured by revenue delivery against defined revenue and yield targets
Quality of communication and relationship internally is critical not just in driving programmatic revenues but in protecting existing yields, revenues and relationships.
Be a critical component in the development of the BBC’s digital offering and sales strategy, providing insight to assist decisions about the direction of our business.
- Ongoing communication with Pricing and Inventory, Regional Sales leads and their teams.
- Translating and communicating product and vendor updates
- Deal negotiation and closing with with agencies and trading desks (PMP, RTB) across the UK media landscape and in other EMEA terrotories as each market develops.
- Reporting deal progress, pricing, success and challenges on a weekly basis to line management
- Working in tandem with technical team to enable ease of deal provision as well as maintaining the quality of the advertising network
- Liaising with sales, account management, ad technology and product teams, and have external exposure to media agencies, trading desks, networks and platforms (DMPs, DSPs)
Are you the right candidate?
- Proven experience of advertising technology, platform and solutions - ideally in the RTB/programmatic space.
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem
- In-depth knowledge of digital display advertising
- Solid understanding of audience segmentation and targeting
- Experience working with agency trading desks
- International business practices
- Sales & Closing Techniques –DIPADA, AIDA
- IT Literacy – Microsoft Suite and Google tools
Contract type: Continuing (Permanent)
Location: London, Television Centre
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here