BBC Children in Need are looking for a Programme and Project Officer to support the work of the Fundraising and Funding Partnerships Team with a focus on all aspects of our Sharing Power programmes, in particular providing project management, administration, communications, stakeholder management.
This role is for 12 months fixed-term we are flexible about location.
The role is a new hybrid role that will sit across the Fundraising and Funding Partnerships Team and focussed on our new programme of activity supporting youth social action and youth leadership titled ‘Sharing Power’ - including the organisation’s important work and commitment to ‘Black Futures’.
*Please refer to the Appendix of the Job Description when applying*
For further information, please email:
- Jan Carruthers - email@example.com
- Pamela Chowdhury - Pamela.Chowdhury@bbc.co.uk
BBC Children in Need exists to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Our refreshed objectives and activities will ensure the impact we have on children’s lives is front and centre of the work the charity undertakes over and above the projects and services we fund.
Within the Fundraising Team, the Programme and Project Officer role will be responsible for the development and delivery of a school social action campaign (part of the wider #iWill partnership agreement). The Officer will work closely with internal teams within the CiN, partner organisations and wider BBC, to implement an integrated communications campaign and high-quality teaching and student resources.
The key areas of responsibility for the role include:
- Project management and coordination of all areas of activity associated with our sharing power Funding Partnership and Schools programme
- Working with the Fundraising, Funding Partnerships, Insight, Editorial and Marketing teams to project manage and develop integrated schools facing campaign to agree campaign timings, themes, digital content, stories and teacher/student resources
- Manage and develop relationships with key partners and potential partners including with the charity’s education resource provider, wider BBC teams on collaboration opportunities and a range of external stakeholders
- Work with teachers and young people from schools and CiN funded projects to ensure the campaign is engaging, accessible and young-person led, from design to delivery
- Drafting and delivering key communications
- Development and management of events for key stakeholders and audiences
- Administrating and supporting relevant partnership stakeholder meetings
- Oversight and delivery of reporting and engagement activity for our funding and editorial partners (including coordinating six monthly partner reports and sourcing and collating case studies for partners)
- Support relevant pieces of insight, working closely with the Insight Directorate and Funding Partnership colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with:
- Extensive Project Management experience within Communications & Marketing
- Evidence of strong stakeholder (external / partnership) management
- Evidence of strong influencing & internal stakeholder skills
- Evidenced of leading programmes and workstreams autonomously
- Evidence of strong report writing skills and development of insight
- Experience of developing and delivering social action focussed marketing campaigns
Contract type: Fixed-term (12 months)
Location: Flexible (within the UK)
Salary: £25,927 - £30,000 (plus London Weighting of £4,729)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here