This role is part of BBC Studios, our global content company that supports the BBC Public Service mission of maximising the greatest commercial returns to the license payer by building BBC brands, audiences and reputation across the world.
The BBC Studios Product and Technology group is responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Studios portfolio of products.
Our portfolio is diverse but is fully focused on supporting our functions and businesses around the globe whether that be back-office functions, content production or direct to consumer offerings. We are a growing function and will provide an important contribution to the business growth targets over the coming years.
Core to that growth will be the launching of new or enhanced digital products into the market in order to monetize our content offering. You will be joining the team as a key member for shaping and delivering a commercial news subscription offering which is at the mobilisation phase.
- Commercial Digital are a multi-function delivery team focused on delivery of world class direct-to-consumer and business-to-business solutions within BBC Studios. We are a small agile team delivering big change. We work in a fast-paced environment more akin to a start-up.
- Our products include several marquee brands including BritBox, BBC.com and Top Gear.
- You will join a team where everyone - including you – strives to better understand our customers and improve our products daily.
- As a team we are adaptable, supportive, highly business focused and continually looking to improve.
- This role provides the opportunity to be part of an exciting and entrepreneurial internationally focused team that values creativity and proactive problem-solving.
We are looking for either a graduate looking for their first role or an experienced candidate who will support the Programme Manager and other Project and Delivery Managers, to support deliver a major enhanced News based Direct-to-Consumer service.
The proposition is at an early stage, and we are looking for someone who can join the team to help setup processes, organise ways of working and promote a structure for all delivery partners/suppliers - both internal and external to align.
- Administration and organisation
- Provide a high quality, user-friendly document management system and ensure adherence to it.
- Undertake setting up of meetings, negotiating availabilities with the required individuals, chase progress on actions.
- Manage purchase orders, invoices and assist with procurement activities.
- Develop and maintain a governance/leave calendar that influences project activities.
- Act on occasion as a workstream manager or an assistant project manager on small workstreams/projects, taking responsibility for predefined tasks.
- Support the on-boarding of new project team members helping them to access information and settle in quickly.
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Maintain a communications plan, organise communications activities and assist the project manager in delivering communications, including assessing impact and value to ensure continuous improvement.
- Assist the programme manager to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and arrange stakeholder/user engagement events.
- Act as a central point of contact and ensure smooth running of the project.
- Compile ad hoc reports and presentations for stakeholders as required.
- Maintain and update relevant plans which may include project and resource plans
- Create and maintain an accessible central repository for risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies (e.g., RAID log), change control, decisions, and lessons learnt.
- Assist the programme manager by working with the team to identify progress updates and report on project health by monitoring financial information, comparing actual progress against baseline forecasts and identifying corrective actions.
Are you the right candidate?
- Time management and organisational skills with experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and managing a high workload with conflicting priorities.
- Approachable manner with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment.
- Strong communication skills (spoken, written and listening) with the ability to present information accurately and concisely.
- Able to produce professional presentations.
- Attention to detail and able to ensure documents are consistent in language, terminology and style.
- The ability to translate project/programme/change requirements into clear, understandable language.
- An appreciation of the core project management concepts and processes.
- Experience/understanding of effective corporate reporting and management information.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team to turn ideas and strategy into tangible outcomes and processes.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Strong Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) skills.
- A recognised project management qualification or demonstrable career development activities.
- Has supported a minimum of two projects with a budget of £10k+.
- Understands data analysis and has experience in manipulating data to make it meaningful for different audiences.
- Experience of using tools such as Dropbox, Confluence and RAID log.
- Knowledge of the media sector and broad understanding its project delivery environment.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at email@example.com with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.