BBC Media Action works with media and communications to help people have their say, understand their rights, responsibilities and each other, and take action to transform their own lives. We do this through our focus on health, governance and rights, resilience and humanitarian response, partnering with civil society, local media and governments to produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences and strengthen the media sector.
As a member of the Eastern Europe and Central Asia projects team, work with key internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement a project/projects to agreed objectives and outcomes.
- Ensures project delivery is on time and on budget, are legally and financially compliant and in line with the BBC’s editorial standards and approaches;
- Liaises with donors and reports to donors; manages key partner relationships;
- Sub-contracts consultants as required for delivery of the project;
- Contributes to the articulation of a project’s theory of change and ensures that key research findings are fed into project design and delivery;
- Contributes to business development, including proactively identifying and contributing new ideas, opportunities and partnerships which fit within the overall strategic direction of the portfolio;
- Complies with and ensures project compliance with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding policy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of managing projects to successful outcomes, including knowledge and experience of the project management cycle.
- Knowledge of the international development and/or media sectors.
- Experience of developing project proposals and reporting to donors. Experience
- Experience preparing, monitoring and managing budgets;
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write well in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record in forming effective relationships with a range of local and international partners;
- Excellent attention to detail. ·
Contract type: 1 x Permanent and 1 x 12 month FTC
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here