Project Manager - Finance / IT
BBC studios exists to generate commercial returns from BBC programmes and other British content. This allows us to make a significant cash return to the BBC each year – helping to fund much-loved programmes enjoyed in the UK and beyond – and to showcase and support the UK’s television industry on the world stage.
This is your chance to add to our purpose of producing and distributing world-class content that: informs educates and entertains, strengthens BBC’s creativity and financial standing. We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering change in the Talent Accounting and Rights department, which is responsible for contributor rights contractual clearances and payments of circa £154m pa to indies and talent.
As a Project Manager, you will deliver both system and process changes in this complex and dynamic area. Although this role does not have any direct reports, management of project resources may be required for some projects.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensure the delivery of projects on time, to budget and within the quality required.
- Identification of mitigations and solutions to project risks and issues, ensuring appropriate measures are agreed and implemented where necessary.
- Identification of solutions to business issues and constraints.
- Delivery of projects in compliance with PMO governance processes, including the distribution of appropriate project updates in a timely manner.
- Act as the subject matter expert for business change to support:
- Identification of solutions to existing issues
- Documentation of business requirements
- User acceptance testing support.
Are you the right candidate?
Our ideal candidate
- Problem solving- taking complex issues, distilling these issues into understandable business requirements and providing recommended solutions to address the issues.
- Good understanding of Talent Accounting processes, Royalties and some contributor rights knowledge.
- Ability to get involved in all aspects of the business area in order to see a project through to successful completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate must also have good planning and organisational skills and ideally some project management experience.
Interviews commence from 21st June 2018.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Studios, a global content company with British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group. Formed in April 2018 by the merger of BBC Worldwide and BBC Studios, it spans content financing, development, production, sales, branded services and ancillaries. BBC Studios’ award-winning British programmes are internationally recognised across a broad range of genres and specialisms. It has offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The company, which makes 2500 hours of content a year, is a champion for British creativity around the world and a committed partner for the UK’s independent sector. BBC Studios has revenue of £1.4bn, and returns around £200m to the BBC Group annually, complementing the BBC’s license fee and enhancing programmes for UK audiences.