Project Manager, StoryWorks
BBC StoryWorks is the BBC’s global branded content division. We build on the BBC’s award-winning expertise in creating compelling film and video, thought-provoking written journalism, and innovative digital content that is on the pulse of what matters, and our instinctive ability to seek out stories that capture audiences’ attention and inspire people across the globe.
Our team works with commercial partners to create engaging and innovative content campaigns designed with the BBC's global audience in mind. Our custom content solutions amplify advertisers’ key messaging strategies while focusing on authentic, human-centric storytelling. In addition, we enable sponsorships of our world-class editorial output across passion-driven BBC.com brands including BBC Worklife, BBC Culture, BBC Future, BBC Travel, BBC Sport, and Top Gear, creating an alignment for our partners with the BBC’s trusted editorial voice.
The Project Manager for BBC StoryWorks Americas will collaborate across BBC Global News’ editorial, sales, and product development teams to execute unique, multi-platform content programs aligning with all BBC.com brands for clients throughout North and South America. The ideal candidate has a knack for client relationship building, impeccable attention to detail, and a passion for producing high quality digital content that successfully engages audiences around the world.
- Attend client meetings as needed to define and explain the flow of the campaign build and launch process to partners, as well as discuss overall campaign performance.
- Lead day-to-day partner communication throughout content program development and launch. This includes leading all client-facing project kickoff calls, regular status meetings, and creative asset delivery.
- Develop comprehensive project timelines and deliverable schedules for new content programs signed with commercial partners.
- Manage distribution strategy for assigned campaigns (including social media) and monitor performance success, in accordance with budgets and client KPIs.
- Manage relationships with various third party vendors recruited to help build deliverables for individual content programs.
- Manage influencer and talent recruitment for individual content programs as needed.
- Work with project coordinator to process all project-related contracts, including those with talent, freelancers, researchers, etc.
- Ensure all talent and third party vendors are paid on time and in accordance with their contracts.
- Collaborate across internal BBC Global News Ltd. divisions (including editorial, product development, ad ops, marketing, social media, research, etc.) to ensure programs are delivered on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with campaign optimization analyst to ensure all programs meet key client performance objectives (video/page views, engagement, event attendance, etc.)
Are you the right candidate?
- 2-3 years of experience in content marketing/branded entertainment production or project management.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively communicate detailed information in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in managing various forms of content production and distribution (film and video production, written journalism, interactive digital platforms, animation, social media amplification, live event activation, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, risk-assess, and problem solve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - client relationship management experience a must; influencer and talent recruitment and management experience a plus.
- A strong understanding of the following:
- Digital media landscape
- Innovative digital storytelling products and platforms (AR, VR, Voice UI, etc.)
- Social media distribution tactics
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, and the ability to both collaborate with a team, and work independently.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here