Project Manager - Workflow and Analytics, News
News are looking to hire an enthusiastic and talented Project Manager todeliver innovative solutions, based on technical services and capabilities built in teams across the BBC, to our journalists working across the world.
The Workflow and Analytics team within News Products and Systems (NP&S) is tasked with designing and implementing simpler, more connected workflows and tooling for thousands of journalists working across our broadcast and digital output.
The role will be responsible for managing a series of concurrent projects that deliver changes to tools, technology and workflows within BBC News.
- Work with business or product owner and stakeholders to understand the strategic objectives and agree the project objectives and outputs or high-level benefits to be delivered by the projects youre managing
- Identify and address dependencies and interdependencies with other projects.
- Determine the projects level of complexity and agree with the owner the options and appropriate approach for delivery.
- Foster the conditions for the project team to perform and lead on a day-to-day basis to ensure clarity of scope, good estimating, solution development and to manage the risks.
- Manage and deliver the projects within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints to enable delivery of the agreed outputs and/or benefits.
- Apply oversight and evaluate, monitor and manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, interdependencies and changes, escalating those outside tolerance if appropriate
- Work with stakeholders on defining scope, agreeing critical success factors, identifying deliverables and benefits, and understanding trade-offs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Building strong working relationships with colleagues from a range of specialisms including journalists, technologists and user experience.
- Tightly managing the scope of projects, ensuring a focus on delivery of highest value features and alignment with our wider strategy.
- Negotiating with technical and design teams across the BBC for the delivery of new features on their services.
- Keeping project budgets, timelines and deliverables on track.
- Understanding and managing the complexities of business change projects.
- Adapting your project management techniques to work with a range of delivery styles and methodologies.
- Designing and implement effective communication strategies with stakeholders, journalists and project teams.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background