This is a great opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic comms professional to join the publicity team for BBC Factual content. You’ll be working in the communications team that oversees press and publicity for world-class natural history, science, history, documentary, religion and features content on BBC television such as A Perfect Planet, Once Upon a Time in Iraq, Race Across the World, Glow Up: Britain’s Next Make-Up Star, Uprising and many more.
- Take full responsibility for leading on high impact communications campaigns for a wide range of Factual content
- Anticipate and manage issues with a potentially negative impact and handle reactive issues as required
- Write clear, concise and engaging media information for shows, including press releases, press packs and lines against enquiries
- Manage relationships with high profile talent and real life contributors, some of whom will be appearing on screen for the first time
- Manage relationships with senior stakeholders, internally and externally, as well as talent and their reps
- Work closely with co-production partners, international broadcasters and other BBC departments to ensure globally-aligned and cohesive campaigns
- Maintain a network of contacts with the national and local media, across print, broadcast and online outlets
- Co-ordinate and oversee interviews/press conferences/screenings/launches and briefings
- Actively explore and identify new and interesting avenues for communicating effectively and imaginatively with audiences, wherever they are
- Collaborate effectively with other BBC teams and work with external partners to deliver campaigns via non-traditional means
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with a passion for Factual TV with an established track record of working on and delivering high profile and impactful publicity campaigns.
You will have experience of being able to establish and maintain credible and effective working relationships with a wide range of high profile talent, agents, journalists, stakeholders, and editorial staff as well as first-class organisational and planning skills with experience managing multiple campaigns, organising and delivering events, crisis management and issue handling.
Excellent creativity and the ability to adapt your approach to a wide range of projects is required as well as a thorough understanding of digital communications and great ideas for how we can reach new audiences.
Please see the attached job description for more information.
Contract type: Continuing
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here