Researcher - Countryfile
Countryfile, regularly the most watched factual programme on any channel, is looking for researchers to work on one of the BBC's most successful brands.
This is an exciting opportunity to research the locations and stories that make a classic Countryfile.
Working to the location producers, you'll play a crucial role in shaping the mainstrandof the programmethe Matt Baker, Ellie Harrison, Anita Rani and feature based aspects of the show. The subject matter can be almost anythingas long as it relates to the countryside in some way. As well as the classics of wildlife, farming, heritage, crafts and the environment, weve also covered arts, literature, fashion and darts! Were looking for the surprising and unexpected in a landscape we all think we know so well. Its also an opportunity to travel to some of the most beautiful landscapes the UK has to offer, meeting interesting people and celebrating rural Britain.
A passion for the countryside is essential.
- To be tenacious, persuasive and able to find incredible and surprising countryside stories.
- To be able to set-up andschedule complex outdoor shoots.
- To be able to work under pressure to tight, relentless deadlines.
- To work as part of a team with colleagues in production,high-profilepresenting talent and filmcrews.
- To workeffectively to ensure all content isthoroughlyresearched andmeets the BBCs editorial standards.
- To carry out all duties in accordancewith Health and Safety regulations.
Are you the right candidate?
- Youll have an interest in and a passion for the British countryside.
- You will have been working in production as a researcher for some time.
- You will haveexcellentteam-working, organisational and scheduling skills.
- You will have a knowledge of the main organisations and key players who shape the UKs rural agenda.
- You will have a knowledge of the TV production process and some technical know-how.
- You will have a knowledge of BBC Archive systems and copyright law.
Job Title: Researcher Countryfile
Department: Unscripted Bristol
Start Date: Various start dates from 29th Jan - 2 months initially (to be extended once greenlight)
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Therefore, successful applicants may need to be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.