Researcher - Development (Entertainment & Music)
Do you love a foxtrot and live for a key change, can you interrogate a quiz format and spot the next big comedy talent?
BBC Studios Entertainment & Music Development team are recruiting.
We’re looking for experienced Researchers to join our team.
We create Primetime Gameshows, Music Entertainment, Quiz shows, Reality Shows, Dating shows, Comedy Entertainment, Formatted Fact Ent and Talent Vehicles. Come and join the creatives in the home of Entertainment.
Experience in developing entertainment and music shows is ideal but not essential.
Your duties will include -
- Must have the ability to generate ideas from scratch.
- Will be able to confidently use PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Will have the ability to write thorough pitch treatments
- Have a good understanding and overview of the industry
- Credited development experience is ideal but not essential
- Have a keen interest on latest trends and cultural topics
- Be able to manage and confidently execute run-throughs (Skills include script writing for channel run-throughs and question writing for quizzes)
- Be able to confidently lead creative sessions
- Basic edit experience (Adobe Premiere Pro) and PhotoShop skills a bonus
Are you the right candidate?
If this sounds like the role for you, please have a read of the full job description attached below and then click on the link to apply above. Interviews will be starting soon!
Role: Researcher (Development), Entertainment & Music
Base: Television Centre, London
Contract: 6 Month FTC / Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here