Our award-winning continuing dramas bring audiences together week after week. From EastEnders, Doctors, Holby City and Casualty to River City and Pobol y Cwm, our programmes remain a constant source of gripping entertainment, featuring cliff-hanger storylines and much-loved characters with whom our viewers have grown up.
We constantly find ways to innovate and keep our titles fresh - from live broadcasts to feature-length episodes, we strive to push creative and technical boundaries. Our continuing dramas are also a powerhouse of diverse new creative talent where we develop the next generation of writers, directors and actors that represent the best of British creativity.
As part of a highly creative production team, the Researcher has a key role in maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and modernity in the assessment and research for all stories and scripts within the Script Department.
A Scripted Production Office is a constantly changing environment. The postholder will need the ability to adopt a flexible approach, manage a variable workload and adapt to the different working styles of colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Research experience within an editorial story or script environment
- An in-depth understanding of the scriptwriting process, script analysis and television production techniques with an informed interest in Drama production specifically
- An understanding of and the ability to interpret editorial intentions, and to contribute to the generation of ideas and the resolution of script and story problems
- Ability to communicate and engage with others whilst maintaining effective working relations with all members of the Production team, cast and crew, and to establish productive relationships with contacts external to the BBC
- Ability to consume information and respond in a professional manor which demonstrates diplomacy, tact and sensitivity
- Effective time-management and organisational skills and the ability to exercise initiative and work independently
- The ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining office and administration systems with a familiarity of information technology systems.
NB - This is a pool and does not guarantee an offer of work
Role: Researcher Talent Pool
Location: Various UK – London, Cardiff, Birmingham and Glasgow
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/224227/54714 in the subject.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here