Risk Senior Advisor
The role of the Quality, Risk & Assurance division is to help keep the BBC safe secure and relevant. The Risk & Regulatory Compliance function sits within Quality, Risk and Assurance and ensures that we perform and deliver on all risk management activities across the BBC, in line with the quality standards set. The team supports the wider business in doing this by providing subject matter experts, advice, tools, systems, processes and reporting.
We are now seeking a Risk Senior Advisor to join the Risk & Regulatory Compliance team at the BBC, focusing on the performance of risk management and the delivery of risk reporting within defined area of responsibilities.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build good working relationships with the business and senior stakeholders to deliver effective mitigation & risk reduction within the organisation.
- Contribute to the production of risk reports in line with required quality standards & timelines; provide input to drive continuous improvement in this regard.
- Take a lead in key areas of risk management – e.g. process/policy implementation or assurance of specific risks – and participate in ad hoc tasks or projects required to meet departmental objectives.
- Monitor the performance of risk management within specific/defined areas of responsibility; ensure issues are identified & escalated.
- Be an advocate of risk management; support the embedding of risk management practices i.e. risk framework into the business.
Are you the right candidate?
- Significant experience of working within risk management, either with a professional services firm or a corporate of similar size, scale and complexity to the BBC.
- Strong communication skills, including evidence of presenting clear and concise professional communications to a range of audiences within the BBC (and to specifically include writing and presenting risk reports to Board/ExCo levels).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including evidence of working with senior stakeholders in delivering both risk management and reporting.
- Evidence of implementing, monitoring and assuring risk management frameworks across key business areas or units.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering effective management, mitigation and risk reduction to, or within, a major organisation (specifically the ability to analyse and contextualise issues, identify key actions to be addressed and support the development of effective, practical and simple plans to resolve problems).
- Ability to work proactively & autonomously, as well as effectively within a wider team.
- Experience of counter-fraud
- A relevant professional qualification
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London or Birmingham
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here