Runner - Bristol Talent Pool
BBC Bristol Unscripted and NHU produces a range of programmes including Antiques Roadshow, Flog It!, Countryfile, DIY SOS, Blue Planet II, Earth from Space and Springwatch.
We are looking for a pool of Runners to work across our output. Joining our pool of successful candidates will enable you to be offered work as and when those opportunities arise during peak periods.
- To support the production team in the office and on location
- To look after crew & contributors on location
- Pre-shoot preparation (under instruction from production team)
- To be responsible for contestant correspondence and office administration
- To undertake general office duties including note taking, taking messages, photocopying, e-mailing and filing British Broadcasting Corporation
- To assist in casting of contributors by means of telephone interviewing
- To maintain the contributor database
- Data wrangling / logging and transfers
The Ideal Candidate
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work
- A confident telephone manner
- An ability to type and a good working knowledge of IT packages including Word and Excel
- To be numerate, literate and comfortable talking on the phone.
- An understanding and ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- To be able to identify priorities and to complete work in priority order
- To have the confidence, motivation and ability to complete tasks accurately and to time
- To be able to establish effective working relationships with all the departments staff
- Knowledge & understanding of the BBC Values
- A clear understanding of the logistical requirements of television production
- Demonstrable experience or interest in the media. Particular knowledge of TV production and the types of network programming made in BBC Bristol
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
We are a Disability confident committed employer and able to support disabled applicants during the recruitment process.