DIY SOS: The Big Build, BBC1 is one of the BBC’s flagship factual entertainment series. In each episode, Nick Knowles and the team rebuild a deserving family’s home and in the process, transform their lives. This is a series that is an emotional rollercoaster – full of tears and laughter.
We are looking for a Runner to join us at BBC Studios for our returning series of DIY SOS, our BAFTA-award winning show and the BBC’s flagship renovation programme.
A driving licence is essential; with experience driving vans is useful.
- To support the production team in the office and on location
- To undertake general office duties including note taking, taking messages, photocopying, e-mailing and filing
- To assist researcher in securing suppliers and volunteers by means of telephone interviewing
- To filter and manage emails in the general DIYSOS inboxes
- To maintain volunteering databases
- To manage and stock the DIYSOS vans with build materials and manage build and design stores on site at BBC Bristol
- On location to run for building supplies during the builds
- To maintain DIYSOS vans and build tools and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
- Organised and ability to multi-task
- Confident driving a long wheelbase van inc collection of materials on location
- Managing stock levels of build & production supplies from the office & on-site
- Managing a production float & tracking purchases
- Assisting the production team & film crew with any support they may need
- Previous experience of construction is desirable, but not essential – the most important aspect of this role is reliability and a proactive, can-do attitude.
Contract type: Fixed Term, Full Time
Location: Bristol Broadcasting House & build locations
Interviews expected to take place w/c 9th August 2021
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: BBC/TP/1206242/55142 in the subject.
• Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
• Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
• Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
• Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here