Runner Talent Pool - BBC Children's
The BBC is the leading Children's broadcaster in the UK. We are proud of the award-winning content we make across all platforms television, online, radio, apps, YouTube, social media and more. BBC Children's and Education is committed to offering the best cross-platform and on-demand service for all UK children, providing a trusted environment which is enriching, enabling and relevant to the under 16's. Our content seeks to entertain, inform and empower children, adding real value to their lives.
Our Runner Talent Pool will provide individuals with an exciting opportunity to kick start a career within TV production. Candidates who are successful in the recruitment process will be placed in our Runner Talent pool and contacted regarding available Runner jobs when they arise.
As part of our application process, once you have submitted your interest, you will be invited to a video interview assessment.
Those successful at application will be invited to an assessment centre at the BBC on Tuesday 3rd September
As a Runner, you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities depending on which project you are working on. They can include:
- Supporting the productions team in the office, out on location and in the Studio
- Acting as a point of contact for both internal and external contacts whilst always maintaining a positive image of the BBC and the Children’s department
- Undertaking general office duties including collecting tapes and kit, logging material, photocopying, answering telephones, scanning documents and filing
- Acting as a courier, ensuring people have the right resources at the right time and distributing important paperwork
- Assisting with members of the public, contributor and on-screen talent when on set or location
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for people who have a clear passion and a motivation to work in TV, and specifically the BBC Children’s department. A great Runner will work flexibly and provide valuable support to the production team. The ability to manage your time well and use your initiative to support the ever-changing needs of the production is essential in this role. You will be working within busy teams with a range of individuals so maintaining clear and consistent communication is key.
Contract type: Various
Location: MediaCityUK, Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here