Runner Talent Pool, Unscripted - BBC Studios (Bristol)
BBC Studios’ Unscripted Production bases are in London, Bristol, Cardiff and Belfast. It’s home to many of the BBC’s most popular brands such as Countryfile, Gardeners’ World, Crimewatch Roadshow, Bargain Hunt and Wanted Down Under.
We are looking for a pool of Runners to work across our output in Bristol. Joining our pool of successful candidates will enable you to be offered work as and when those opportunities arise during peak periods.
Appointment to the pool will not entitle candidates to a permanent contract in the BBC, those will have to be applied for in the normal way, and neither does it guarantee work. The Runner pool is effective for 12 months.
The role will be based in Bristol but you may be required to travel to locations across the UK. In general normal office hours will apply, however, the nature of the role means that a flexible approach to working time will be necessary.
- To support the production team in the office and on location
- To look after crew & contributors on location
- Pre-shoot preparation (under instruction from production team)
- To be responsible for contestant correspondence and office administration
- To undertake general office duties including note taking, taking messages, photocopying, e-mailing and filing
- To assist in casting of contributors by means of telephone interviewing
- To maintain the contributor database
- Data wrangling / logging and transfers
- You must have a clean and valid driving licence
Are you the right candidate?
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work
- A confident telephone manner
- An ability to type and a good working knowledge of IT packages including Word and Excel
- To be numerate, literate and comfortable talking on the phone.
- An understanding and ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- To be able to identify priorities and to complete work in priority order
- To have the confidence, motivation and ability to complete tasks accurately and to time
- To be able to establish effective working relationships with all the department’s staff
- Knowledge & understanding of the BBC Values
- A clear understanding of the logistical requirements of television production
- Demonstrable experience or interest in the media. Particular knowledge of TV production and the types of network programming made in BBC Studios.
Contract type: Fixed Term-Full Time
Location: BBC Bristol
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here