Runners, Dragons' Den 2020
First launched in Japan, Dragons’ Den is now an international brand with various versions airing in countries across the globe. Entrepreneurs pitch for investment in the Den from our Dragons, five venture capitalists willing to invest their own money in exchange for equity.
The Runner will provide accurate, effective and timely support to the production teams in the office, in studios and on location. Production work can involve long and unpredictable work patterns and pressure to meet tight schedules. Normal office hours will generally apply, but a flexible approach to working time is required subject to the BBC’s Condition of Service Code of Practice and Equal Opportunities policies.
The Runner will actively contribute to the generation of ideas across Entertainment North, and will support the production team and talent both in the office and on location. They will undertake general office duties including, taking messages, photocopying and filing. This will include the processing and filing of contributor applications, production material and confidential information.
The Runner will be required to make, deliver and collect urgent mail/packages/DVDs between local buildings, and to establish and maintain logging and interview cataloguing systems. They will also be required to collect guests/entrepreneurs from reception and to provide hospitality (tea/coffee making etc.) Other duties will include dealing with members of the public in studio, events, exhibitions, filming of pitches, and potentially pitching businesses to the Series Producer and Executive Producer.
The role also involves a carrying out detailed research and background checks into entrepreneurs and businesses, and the management of databases.
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- Demonstrable experience or interest in the media. Particular knowledge of TV production and the types of network programming made in Entertainment North.
- Strong time management & organisational skills and the ability to identify priorities and to work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to establish effective working relationships quickly with all of the department’s staff, and work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
- Competent phone manner and the ability to use initiative when speaking with business organisations and entrepreneurs.
- An understanding and ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
- Filming skills a bonus but not essential.
- Experience of working on Factual Entertainment or Entertainment programming desirable but not essential.
Role: Runners Dragons' Den 2020
Contract type: FTC/attachment (start dates Jan and Feb 2020)
Location: roles available in Salford and London
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here