A wholly-owned commercial subsidiary of the BBC, BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production, and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
Are you passionate about data, tech, and SEO? Obsessed with trends, statistics, and data visualisation? We are looking for a talented SEO Data Analyst for TopGear.com to join the UK Publishing team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and gain relevant knowledge and valuable skills to further your career.
As the SEO Data Analyst, you will be responsible for helping to grow and maintain traffic to TopGear.com by optimizing existing content and understanding the vast amount of data we have and how to present this in an insightful way to stakeholders. This is an ideal job for those with a love of data, and we will provide you with the unique opportunity to learn, progress, and grow as a Data Analyst.
Create meaningful, accurate, and insightful reports from a wide variety of data points and understand how to present complex data to a wide variety of stakeholders with insight, not just raw data.
Collaborate with the advertising teams to ensure traffic targets are achieved for key campaigns and work closely with the product and engineering team to help implement solutions for better User Experience and SEO requirements.
Work with the editorial team to provide insights about trending searches as well as evergreen content ideas.
Provide actionable insight into complex data problems.
Identify trends and insights to help organic performance by looking at content that is searchable and trending.
Optimise existing content to ensure SEO best practice is maintained, continually research, and stay updated with SEO trends and news.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- A strong data-driven approach to content creation
- An ability to think creatively to resolve problems and to communicate effectively whether presenting in meetings or an email
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, SEOMonitor, and other digital marketing tools
- Experience in complex Content Management Systems (preferably Drupal)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices are extremely desired
- Knowledge of REGEX and SQL desirable
Location: TVC, London W12
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: [CH JOB REF] in the subject.
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.