The BBC SSR Group exists to help get programmes made for TV, Radio and On-Line: by finding safe and healthy ways to enable the creation of the distinctive and world-class content that our audiences demand; by ensuring that our people, productions and premises remain secure and on air. The team is made up of specialists in Corporate Security, Investigations, Health & Safety, High Risk Safety, Facilities Management and Business Resilience and Continuity.
We are now looking for a SSR Specialist for Whistleblowing to lead on investigations of allegations of serious misconduct in accordance with relevant legal requirements and internal policies.
- Conduct of robust, legally and procedurally compliant, evidence-led internal investigations across global BBC operations
- Reporting case outcomes clearly to senior stakeholders via professional and comprehensive case reports
- Determining apposite recommendations for improvements to controls and working practices to minimize risk of recurrence, in consideration of investigation findings
- Providing ad-hoc advice and support to colleagues and stakeholders regarding appropriate application of whistleblowing mechanisms and policy
- Design and facilitation of relevant training and awareness raising initiatives for a wide range of audiences, including internationally
Are you the right candidate?
- In-depth knowledge of UK protected disclosure legislation and experience of practical application in corporate setting.
- Experienced in the handling, review and triage of complex and sensitive disclosures.
- Skilled and experienced investigator, with strong grasp of criminal and civil investigation methodology and best practice standards in international/multi-jurisdictional context. Experienced in handling internal misconduct investigations, preferably in a media/broadcast setting or regulated sector
- Able to independently and flexibly to manage multiple cases, prioritising actions and managing time effectively to work within set deadlines
- Experienced in handling sensitive investigations and communications in diverse, multi-cultural, and international working context
- Strong grasp of OSINT investigation tools and methodology
- Able to produce robust investigation reports for executive level audience (including external regulatory or legislative bodies), clearly articulating case findings, conclusions, and recommendations for resolution (including measures to prevent risk of recurrence).
- Skilled in investigative interviewing, including of witnesses and subjects of investigation at senior/Executive level.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here