Safeguarding Senior Advisor - Part-Time (BBC Children In Need)
BBC Children in Need exists to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Our refreshed objectives and activities will ensure the impact we have on children’s lives is front and centre of the work the charity undertakes over and above the projects and services we fund.
We now have an opportunity for a Senior Advisor to provide expert safeguarding support, advice and training, on all aspects of working with children, across all areas of the Charity.
This a part-time role (17.5 hours per week).
- Be a subject matter expert on safeguarding across the charity, providing support guidance and advice
- Investigate complaints, safeguarding concerns and alleged incidents
- Work with teams across the Charity during the planning stages of productions, activities and events and advise on safeguarding arrangements
- Identify, develop and facilitate a wider network of safeguarding champions in teams and directorates across the Charity, supporting them to respond to day to day safeguarding enquiries
- Further develop safeguarding policy, culture and practice, and monitor compliance
- Oversee the delivery of safeguarding training for the charity
- Contribute to and support the approach to wider risk management across the Charity
- Provide the liaison point with BBC Child Protection and Safeguarding team
For further information, please see the appendix section on the attached Job Description.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of dealing with Child Protection and safeguarding issues in a complex, geographically dispersed, organisation.
- Relevant CPD training/qualifications in child protection, safeguarding, safety or similar discipline
- Recognised qualification in child protection, safeguarding, safety or similar discipline (desirable).
- Experience of broadcasting or live events (desirable)
- Experience and understanding of the third sector (desirable)
- Experience of delivering workshops or training (desirable)
Contract Type: Part-Time 8 Month Fixed-Term Contract (17.5 hours per week)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here