To support the delivery of sales across the business and across a number of key functions and sharing activity across a multi-location Asia team. This role is part of the Asia Sales Operations function which supports all of the Asia business (South Korea and Japan, India and South Asia, South East Asia,)
Accountable for executing the daily workflows for servicing client and internal stakeholders, using an extensive knowledge and understanding of all systems used by sales teams. With training, be able to use different internal sales, delivery and metadata software
- Account Management and Deal Support:
- Accurate management and processing of sales into our systems, ensuring all deal data is accurately translated into the various systems including rights and terms granted, content and financials.
- Ensure contracts are understood and accurately keyed into appropriate systems to enable invoicing, contributor and 3rd party payaways, reporting and to ensure the Rights Availability tool remains accurate.
- Coordinate the handover of the sale, on conclusion of deal negotioations, to the Deal Management Team and Global Operations; ensure contracts are filed and a smooth transition of the deal to post sales support.
- Assist in onboarding new client specifications and platform audits
- Aware of the sales pipe-line and distribute appropriate marketing information to clients in the territory - catalogues, brochures and other relevant publicity, prepare specific presentation for sales pitches as required by the sales team and liaise with Marketing Team on direct marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the Deal Management Team and Global Operations Team to ensure new and existing clients are configured and have access to sales related systems and tools (eg ICP portal).
- Other sales administrative tasks as necessary to support the team.
- Rights Management: Supporting sales by performing rights checks, maintaining rights data, and providing a service to Sales teams relating to rights availability and contributor costings
- Invoicing: Generating customer invoicing based on contracts or deal memos, into a variety of systems to trigger downstream events and activities
- Relationships: Liaise with various internal business partners including Programming, Sales, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Global Operations and others to obtain all information and associated metadata required to fulfill content licensing across Digital and Linear clients
Are you the right candidate?
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the sales processes:
- Pre-sales processes including rights checking, customer set up, credit checking and other pre-sales processes
- Post-sales process from contract signature to fulfilment, including operational workflows and processes.
- Good understanding of financial processes, including income recognition rules, credit control policy, financial systems and auditing requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills and good communication skills:
- ability to handle a number of continuing, business-critical processes simultaneously whilst working to deadline
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to present complex information clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience within the television and digital platform industry is essential
- Experience in a consumer-facing business is essential
- Interest in and understanding of programme and contributor intellectual property rights will be an advantage
- Strong MS Office skills
Role: Sales Operations Executive
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Seoul, Korea
About the BBC
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
We are committed to improving accessibility in our recruitment and selection processes at BBC Studios. If you would like to make a request for support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please email us at reasonable-adjustments.APAC@bbc.com, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.