Sales & Planning Coordinator
The main purpose of this role is to support the ad sales teams in sales coordination and ad operations duties. The position is an integral member of the team based in the LA office and directly supports the West & Midwest sales teams. This role reports into LA-based Sales Director and has dotted-line accountability into the Midwest Sales Director.
The role is split between two functions:
- The Sales Coordination function is responsible for supporting ongoing selling activities, sales planning, pulling relevant research and helping prepare assets & collateral for client meetings. The role will also be responsible for seamless delivery of advertising programs including advertising creative deadlines, technical specifications and tracking of delivery.
- Ad Operations & Inventory Management function is responsible for start-to-finish sales support – from Google Ad Manager (GAM) submission and approvals, trafficking, to billing and post sales analytics. The role will interact with many different parts of the business including Sales, Editorial, Product, Marketing, among others to ensure a flawless, high quality advertising experience for all stakeholders and clients.
- Work with sales team on RFPs to provide proposal ideas and inventory solutions that best meet the client expectations and proposal objectives by account/campaign (team or category) while maintaining pricing integrity and inventory package strategy
- Produce sales proposals in order management system leveraging yield tools required
- Develop PowerPoint presentation decks for the Sales team
- Solid understanding of BBC product offering and operational capabilities
- Work with both sales team and campaign management to timely launch, and assist in client optimizations so that revenue is maintained and balanced with client goals
- Work with your manager to utilize historical data to support strategic decisions about new sales programs
- Month end billing
- Stewardship of campaign delivery:
- Pacing and 1st vs 3rd party discrepancies
- Quality Control (Make sure campaigns are trafficked and running correctly)
- Screenshots for live campaigns – within 24 hours of a campaign launch or as required per customers’ expectations
- Assist with comScore research & analysis; clients & agency insights utilizing trade and other research tools
- Create mocks for decks (including, but not limited to: RFP’s, RFI’s, Meetings, Pro-Active Pitches)
- Attend as needed agency and client meetings, industry events, activities to help support sales team in both LA and Chicago offices
- Check competitive sites for prospecting opportunities
- Organize contact sheets
- Perform market research
- Ad Hoc Projects
- Process & schedule campaign creative - includes communicating with clients & agencies on revisions or changes required
- Set up test & preview pages as needed and send to internal team members and clients & agencies directly
- Manage spec questions /spec sheets for US and respond to direct inquiries from clients & agencies
- Receive creative/vendor approvals from the UK
- Work with Ad Operations team and clients to troubleshoot creative / tags as needed and communicate updates or necessary revisions with clients and/or agencies
- Reserve campaign in order management system once deal is approved
- Google Ad Manager proposal submissions & approvals
- Ad Lib submissions and approvals for buyouts & sponsorships
Are you the right candidate?
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding attention to detail, customer service, time management and the ability to multitask
- Experience working in Excel & Powerpoint
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem solving skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Achieves, maintains low error rates and puts in place measures to prevent future errors.
- Self-starter and pro-activity
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Engages with team members in the creative process to test ideas and generate new thinking to build into account and opportunity plans
- Develops and maintains a network of internal contacts to exchange technical and campaign information
- Ability to multitask and efficiently manage time and priorities
- Is receptive to new ideas and approaches
- Dedication to quality work whilst maintaining efficiency
- Experience working in the advertising/media industry
- Experience of using or interest in advertising technology
- 1-2 years experience working with online advertising operations or planning team
Weekly communication with all US offices is essential, while also developing a strong network of contacts across the BBC. The individual will work across the value chain of campaigns with regular interactions across Global News including Ad Operations, Sales, Business Intelligence and StoryWorks.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here