Passionate about Digital Advertising? Interested in becoming a super – user for new and existing technology solutions? We have the role for you.
Our EMEA Digital AdOps team are seeking an Inventory Executive. The primary purpose of the role is providing day to day support across Digital Advertising across BBC.com, World Service sites and TopGear.com. This is a unique, unmissable opportunity for those who are passionate about moving further into Digital Advertising.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an individual who has experience of online advertising with a track record in problem solving, data analysis and proactively managing a varied and changing workload.
Who we are:
The BBC Digital Ad Operations team sits within BBC Studios - working with the best British writers, directors and programme-makers, we champion British creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. And that’s not all. We’re a committed partner to the UK’s thriving independent production community, as well as other broadcasters and digital platforms, delivering content that showcases the best of British talent, stamped with the hallmark of quality. The Digital Ad Operations team are responsible for the fulfilment of all advertising activity as well as the successful enablement of sales teams in order to guarantee the proper functioning of sales workflows. This is achieved through diligent inventory management, consistent communications regarding the commercial portfolio of ad products, frequent training on tools and process as well as the flawless execution of contractual commitments.
We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to you no matter where you are, and we could not achieve this goal without the people that work with us. As a new recruit with us, you would play an integral part in this.
- Manage EMEA takeovers via the online digital calendar.
- Build inventory packages on new and existing propositions for the sales team to take to market.
- Deliver weekly inventory and monthly KPI reporting across the ad sales business.
- Regularly communicate inventory and product updates, and communicate best practices to EMEA sales teams and global Ops team.
- Minimise risk and problem solve by investigating delivery/performance issues on both programmatic and direct deals, including the monitoring of delivery with key advertising campaigns and optimise where necessary.
- Work across the sales teams and develop a strong network of contacts.
- Manage and organise House campaigns across EMEA.
- Assist Sales with all EMEA plans to ensure they meet company wide sales policy.
- Become key stakeholder and super-user for new and existing technology solutions including amongst others; Operative 1, Google Ad Manager, Piano (ATI).
Are you the right candidate?
- You’ll be a “data wizard”- you’re comfortable with numbers and big data and can utilize your analytical skills to communicate the “why’s” to stakeholders.
- Proficient at Powerpoint & Excel – it is important to us that you possess existing knowledge of MS applications and would be advantageous if you possess working knowledge of Operative 1, Google Ad Manager or Piano (ATI).
- You can work proactively and collaboratively – you’re able to manage your own workload efficiently and effectively and can assist a wider team when necessary.
- You’re passionate about our industry, with an enthusiasm towards Digital and Technology.
- Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that you are a comfortable communicator (both written and verbal) and are able to regularly present insights to stakeholders. You’ll need to be comfortable working closely with respective lead’s across the world, and maintain regular communication to all EMEA office on a monthly basis.
- The way digital advertising is sold is always changing, and therefore you’ll be able to keep abreast of changes and make recommendations on best practice and sales policy.
Does this appeal to you? Do you feel you can bring this role to life in a new and insightful way - your way? Apply today for more information.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London Television Centre
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here