Our award-winning continuing dramas bring audiences together week after week. From EastEnders, Doctors, Holby City and Casualty to River City and Pobol y Cwm, our programmes remain a constant source of gripping entertainment, featuring cliff-hanger storylines and much-loved characters with whom our viewers have grown up.
We constantly find ways to innovate and keep our titles fresh - from live broadcasts to feature-length episodes, we strive to push creative and technical boundaries. Our continuing dramas are also a powerhouse of diverse new creative talent where we develop the next generation of writers, directors and actors that represent the best of British creativity.
The role of a Script Coordinator is a junior and training role where you would report to a Series Script Supervisor, Line Producer or Script Producer.
A Scripted Production Office is a constantly changing environment. The postholder will need the ability to adopt a flexible approach, manage a variable workload and adapt to the different working styles of colleagues.
Television Drama production can involve long and unpredictable working patterns with the pressure to meet tight deadlines. The post would be office-based, and in general, normal office hours will apply. However, a flexible approach to working hours may be occasionally required with the ability to work effectively in a busy office environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- An informed interest in television drama production, with a demonstrable passion for Scripted Productions
- Knowledge of the secretarial and administrative support required in television production
- Proven experience working in a demanding office environment
- Proficient in using a variety of IT software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Ideally a minimum typing speed of 50wpm
- Experience of establishing and maintaining office, filing and administration systems, and the ability to communicate information effectively to a wide range of production and non-production personnel, internal and external to the BBC
- Experience of handling confidential and commercially sensitive information with tact and sensitivity
- Sound command of English and the ability to format the layout of paperwork appropriately
NB - This is a pool and does not guarantee an offer of work
Role: Script Coordinator Talent Pool
Location: Various UK - London, Cardiff, Birmingham & Glasgow
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/224227/54531 in the subject.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here