We design and build the BBC’s amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to CBeebies.
Our ace team of UX designers, architects, accessibility specialists and researchers collaborate closely with product, editorial and technical teams from across the BBC. Together we create elegant, delightful (not to mention award-winning) digital experiences on mobile, tablet, desktop and TV across 10 digital products: BBC Homepage, Search, News, Sport, Weather, Knowledge & Learning, CBeebies, CBBC, iPlayer and Radio & Music.
As an accessibility specialist you’ll join a team of accessibility specialists within UX&D who are committed to making BBC content, experiences and tools accessible to the widest possible audience. You will work on the development of new guidelines, techniques and tests for the BBC as well as working with the extensive Accessibility Champions Network delivering training, facilitating workshops and act as subject expert when required.
- Share both technical and design expertise and ideas with people from design, product, editorial and tech teams. Working for equality of opportunity.
- Collaborate with other members of UX&D as well as product managers to get to the heart of what our users need.
- Work closely with the Global Experience Language team to ensure the design and development guidelines continue to stay aligned.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to investigate issues and opportunities.
- Work with people across BBC D&E, other divisions and subsidiaries to ensure we’re making the most of the BBC’s global reputation as an accessible broadcaster and digital service provider.
Are you the right candidate?
- You’ve already done impressive work across different screens, be they mobile, connected TV, tablet or desktop. And you’ve got the portfolio and knowledge to prove it.
- You are well versed in product development processes as well as design and development practices.
- You are an experienced and enthusiastic teacher, trainer or workshop leader.
- You have extensive experience as a senior frontend developer working with BBC and/or non-BBC guidelines, techniques and tests.
- You have experience of working with design guidelines and have experience of working as part of a product team that has an on-going design research programme.
Based in Birmingham or Salford
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. You’ll be asked questions relating to the BBC Values as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.