This is an excellent opportunity to work as a Senior Agile Delivery Manager for the UK’s most iconic brands; BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds.
You will be part of a dynamic digital team, who's mission is to be the future of BBC television & audio, participating/facilitating in the setting of ambitious goals over the next few years to significantly grow our reach and viewing & listening time across iPlayer & Sounds.
We work in small and collaborative agile teams of developers, designers, editorial, product and delivery people.
It is an exciting environment to work in and one that is both challenging and massively rewarding.
Our team is hard-working, passionate and supportive. We care about each other, and promote a healthy work-life balance; for example providing opportunities for flexible working hours.
Come and join us and help make BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds even better for our users.
Our Senior Agile Delivery Managers deliver complex products and services via one or more multidisciplinary, highly skilled teams.
You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
You will help build the delivery capability within iPlayer & Sounds by role modelling, demonstrating and sharing your knowledge of agile delivery practices.
You’ll be adept at breaking down barriers for your team or teams and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will do this by:
- creating great agile working environments for your team or teams
- identifying the appropriate people and resources for your team or teams
- making sure your teams understand their mission, vision and goals, and that these align across the organisation
- planning, communicating and visualising progress towards these goals
- managing and addressing risks, issues and dependencies
- engaging with key stakeholders on delivery progress and challenges
- continually improving delivery methods and approaches to team working
- establishing relationships and effective cross team collaboration
- encouraging the teams to be self-organising
- actively participating in the wider agile delivery management family in iPlayer & Sounds and across the BBC, learning, sharing and applying skills and knowledge to improve
The Ideal Candidate
Our delivery professionals work on a diverse range of projects, products and services within BBC iPlayer & Sounds. We’re looking for people with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a demanding, high profile agile environment. We’re looking for people who are passionate about agile working, who care about technology and who know how to make projects succeed. And we want people who believe that how you work is as important as what you deliver.
You will be bright, empathetic, persuasive and perseverant.
You will have:
- Significant track record of successfully delivering complex digital projects and products
- Deep understanding of agile and lean methodologies and how they help deliver products and services
- Deep understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in promoting agile practices across an organisation
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London OR Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here