Senior Agile Project Manager, Sport - 12 month attachment / FTC
BBC Sport is at the heart of the BBC’s Online strategy. Our website is the UK’s biggest and best- loved Sport site, drawing together world class journalism and live coverage of big events that bring the nation together.
With a competitive rights market, we need to work hard to ensure that our rights portfolio offers something for everyone whilst delivering value for money.
We will experiment with new and innovative ways of covering live events and telling the stories of sport, partnering with the rest of the BBC and industry to take sport to all fans.
But it’s not all about Sport in our team, we also design and build platforms for Live events from Glastonbury to General Elections.
We work in small and collaborative agile teams of developers, designers, editorial, product and delivery people. We build products and services that people love to use and that transform how users enjoy Sport and Live events.
This year BBC Sport will take centre stage, with a packed summer of events; featuring Wimbledon, Euros & an Olympics.
We will use this summer’s events to drive engagement and form a stronger bond with younger audiences across the UK.
Our service’s success around these major summer events starts right now, ensuring our products and platforms are in great shape, allowing us to build momentum as we progress.
Our Senior Agile Project Managers (Delivery Managers) deliver complex products and services via one or more multi-disciplinary, highly skilled, teams.
You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
You will help build the delivery capability within Sport and Live by role modelling, demonstrating and sharing your knowledge of agile delivery practices.
You’ll be adept at breaking down barriers for your team or teams and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
You will do this by:
- creating great agile working environments
- identifying the appropriate people and resources for your team or teams
- making sure your teams understand their mission, vision and goals, and that these align across the organisation
- planning, communicating and visualising progress towards these goals
- managing and addressing risks, issues and dependencies
- engaging with key stakeholders on delivery progress and challenges
- continually improving delivery methods and approaches to team working
- encouraging the teams to be self-organising
Actively participating in the wider agile project management family at the BBC, learning, sharing and applying skills and knowledge to improve
Are you the right candidate?
Our delivery professionals work on a diverse range of projects, products and services within BBC Sport. We’re looking for people with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a demanding, high profile agile environment. We’re looking for people who are passionate about agile working, who care about technology and who know how to make projects succeed. And we want people who believe that how you work is as important as what you deliver.
You will be bright, empathetic, persuasive and perseverant. You will have:
- Significant track record of successfully delivering complex digital projects and products
- Deep understanding of agile and lean methodologies and how they help deliver products and services
- Deep understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
Experience in promoting agile practices across an organisation
Contract type: 12 Month FTC / Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here