Senior Architect - EUC Solutions
- Inspired by the overall Technology & Architecture strategy you will develop the vision and strategy for the area(s) for which you are accountable; maintaining an awareness of the underlying business and technical strategic drivers and challenges faced by the BBC
- Develops plans, designs and drawings that take a vision from idea to reality, incorporating the overall vision you will deliver adaptable, scalable solutions for the area of business that you support
- Understand the asset landscape within the area that you support – you will identify gaps and potential fragilities and support the development of appropriate solutions; including working with external suppliers to align requirements with solutions
- Recognize the opportunities presented in the area that you support and take the initiative in solving complex technical problems and identifying and pursuing, with support, appropriate strategies that deliver business benefit
- Create, design and develop solutions, and coordinate efforts with engineering and product management teams, working within the area that you support
- Participate in the incubation of emerging technologies, architectures and approaches in order to test whether they will enable the BBC to deliver its objectives and seize opportunities in a timely manner. Assist with solving business challenges through innovation, striving for improved predictability, performance, efficiency, effectiveness and elasticity
- Able to represent the TS&A community in planning and governance meetings within your area(s) of work.
Are you the right candidate?
- Some experience of successfully leading projects which transform technology and business processes within your specialism
- Exposure to transformational change
- Data and evidence-based approach to decision making with a creative and driven approach to problem-solving
- Able to convey complex information across multiple audiences, including senior and external partners. Communicate enthusiastically and motivate others by adapting your style to fit the audience
- Collaborative, generous and empathetic. Comfortable to deliver with others
- Dedicated to connecting across the organisation with an open approach and a willingness to adapt and change
- Aware of financial and business implications of your specialist architecture choices and alternatives
- Negotiating and conflict-handling skills to ensure the best outcome for the BBC in the face of complexity and uncertainty
- Contributing to the development of an area of specialism or industry domain
- Broadcast, production, start-up or media experience
- A mix of public sector and commercial experience
- Participation in published documents within your area of specialism
- Successful academic background in your specialist discipline
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here