The Online Technology Group (OTG) within BBC Design + Engineering and supplies foundation technology, operational support and online distribution capabilities that power BBC Online products - including BBC iPlayer, News, Sport and Sounds. As the BBC continues its transformation to an IP-only future, the Architecture team within OTG works to optimise, scale and continually improve the BBC’s IP delivery mechanisms to our UK and global audiences, to deliver the best possible experience, whether it’s reading the latest headlines, catching up on Killing Eve on iPlayer, or watching the FA Cup Final live in UHD. That means working with in-house architectural, development & operational teams, commercial suppliers, research/standards groups and ISP partners to develop new approaches and solutions that help the BBC deliver its services and content at a unique scale.
Are you the right candidate?
- Significant experience in a project or operational context, designing and delivering IP connectivity services at high scale for media workloads
- Expert-level knowledge of IP networking technologies and implementation
- Significant IP network systems engineering and troubleshooting expertise
- Experience with designing and managing connectivity services in both on-premise and public cloud infrastructures
- Ability to clearly document technical designs and architectural decisions, and communicate them to colleagues and stakeholders in a collaborative way
- Knowledge of modern Internet security trends and best practices
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here