The BBC Children’s & Education Audience team, based at MediaCity in Salford, are looking for two talented Senior Audience Research Executives. We have one permanent role available and one 12 month fixed-term contract.
We bring to life the BBC's core value that Audiences are at the heart of everything we do. Our BBC Children’s Audience and Education team delivers audience insight and analysis to inform strategic, creative and tactical decision making within the BBC Children’s and Education department, including its flagship brands CBeebies, CBBC and Bitesize.
As a Senior Audience Research Executive for BBC Children’s & Education, you will support the Audience Research Manager and work at a senior level, across a range of platforms (TV, online, social media, mobile etc), and will focus on ensuring audience insight is at the heart of decision making.
The core component of the Senior Audience Research Executive role is conducting product performance analysis, measurement and impact assessments, so strong quantitative skills are essential. In addition the role also comprises building close relationships with senior divisional partners and communication of research findings, as well as leading agile audience testing.
Research and analysis outputs are required to help understand the needs and behaviours of BBC Children’s & Education audiences and ensure this knowledge informs the design and development of products and services. Influencing stakeholders within BBC Children’s & education in order to facilitate stakeholder buy in is paramount.
You won’t just be conducting data analysis, but actively communicating insights generated by the team in an inspirational way, ensuring actions are recommended and taken where necessary. You will be responsible for identifying research gaps and commissioning and undertaking strategic and tactical qualitative and quantitative research, including the management of external agencies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of market and audience research techniques.
- Record of developing and using audience/consumer insights and communicating them in a relevant, creative and engaging manner.
- Good quantitative analytical skills, particularly working creatively with existing data sources/large data sets.
- Good IT skills – able to manipulate spreadsheets and analytical tools and software. Familiarity with appropriate applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau.
- Good project management and time management skills
Contract Type: 1 x Permanent and 1 x 12 Month Fixed Term Contract / Attachment
Location: Salford - MediaCity
- Flexible / hybrid working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here