The purpose of the role is to perform financial, operational and systems/IT audits across the BBC. These audits may range across all activities of the BBC including: television, radio, online, World Service, commercial subsidiaries, finance, professional services and our various business partners and BBC charities.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you’ll prepare detailed audit testing plans that focus on key risks. This will involve gathering information by meeting people at all levels across the BBC. You’ll also carry out rigorous audit testing, flexing work plans in response to findings and emerging risks. Writing clear, concise, robust and balanced audit reports.
It will be your role to agree issues, impacts, root causes and recommendations with management throughout the course of audit assignments. And to act as a champion of internal control, sharing expertise within the team and encouraging best practice behaviours across the business.
Additionally, you'll be asked to lead or participate in ad hoc tasks or projects required to meet departmental objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Successful applicants will have at least one of the following professional qualifications as appropriate to the role:
- Qualified Accountant through a recognised professional body (e.g. ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (UK)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Significant auditing experience, including review of General IT Controls and Internal Audit experience.
- Proven experience of working within a organisations of a comparable size or complexity to the BBC.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, operations, or investigations
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of groups and individuals.
- It is desirable that applicants can demonstrate a significant level of audit or other relevant expertise in a required area of specialism:
- IT Security
- Production management
- Value for Money / Efficiency programmes
Proposed Band D
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.